Raw notes - Thinking Fast and Slow
20 August 2014
Two systems of thinking-
- Sys1 operates automatically and quickly with little to no effort and no sense of voluntary control
- Sys2 allocates attention to the effort flu mental Activities that demand it including complex computations. This sys2 is associated with subjective experience of agency, choice and focus.
Prime sys2 so sys1 can engage the right way.
Some key takeaways
- What you see is all there is - WYSIATI
- Mind then is an uneasy interaction of the 2 systems
- Sys1 does x means x occurs automatically
- Sys2 is mobilized to do y means arousal increases, pupil dilates attention is focused and activity y is performed.