Workflow For Site how content gets generated - the process
- IDE is Sublime, Vim or Emacs. Preference is Sublime on my Mac; but I use Vim as well. Vim and Emacs from my Ubuntu machines
- Git for managing my workflow of versioning.
- todo need to look at watcher like tools to the bag
- Chrome for browsing, testing with the awesome Devtools for debugging and styling
- Omnigraffle for diagramming manually; PlantUML and Graphviz for automatic generation of diagrams from ascii
- Ofcourse Jekyll to power the site.
Come up with an idea, something to write about or show-off a recent piece of code
Do the work in creating the asset - code/app/video etc.
Create a new post rake post title and give it a title
Open the post in editor vim post and slog
Save occasionally to see how it looks. jekyll serve, view localhost:4000 in Chrome; if already running ctrl+c, jekyll serve
When done, see what needs to be checked in git status -s , git add post.md , git commit -a -m “changes were made” , git push origin master
See it via Chrome on mobileraj.github.io